Tuesday 13 January 2015

Review: Simple Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser

Before buying this, I had never used a toner before, nor did I truly know what one was. After quickly Googling it, I can tell you that a toner’s purpose is to cleanse the skin, shrink the appearance of pores and restore the skin’s pH. I suffer quite a bit from large pores and I don’t think it’s an attractive look so I’m constantly on the lookout for a that one product that will make my skin look flawless without wearing any make-up. When I saw this in Sainsbury’s a few months ago, I decided to spend the £4.85 and get this Simple Kind to Skin Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser.


First of all, let me start by saying that I have never really used a lot of Simple products. Simple is a brand that boasts having no harsh chemicals, artificial perfumes or dyes in their products, which makes them perfect for sensitive skin. I don’t really have sensitive skin - my skin type is normal-oily - so it’s never been a brand that I have felt I needed to go for.

The Good
If you have read my How I Remove My Make-Up post, you will know that it is quite a vigorous routine. After using my Body Shop Cleansing Oil/Butter to remove the bulk of my make-up, I use my Witch Oil Control Foaming Face Wash with my No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush. The latter step can be quite harsh on my skin and sometimes can leave it feeling quite tight and dry. After using my Garnier Micellar Water to remove any last remnants of make-up, I fill my cotton pad with my Simple Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser and wipe this over my face. It is incredibly cooling and refreshing, which is definitely what my skin needs when it feels tight after the vigorous make-up removal routine.
As it boasts no chemicals and it is a gentle product, I feel as though I can comfortably use this product around my eyes without upsetting the sensitive skin here.
What I love about this product is that, even after I have cleansed my face so thoroughly and just used the micellar water, I can still see some dirt and grime on the cotton pad after using this toning cleanser, which means it is more effective than just using micellar water and it really cleans my skin.

The Bad
Personally, I feel as though the price tag is a little high for this product from this brand. There are certain brands that can charge higher for skincare products, such as Clinique and Liz Earle for example, but since Simple is a drugstore brand I think nearly £5 for this 200ml bottle is a bit high and it is definitely one of their higher priced products.

The Ugly
An important factor to note about this product is its consistency. I was expecting water, but this is more of a runny gel, which can make it hard to wipe the cotton pad over my face as it does require a bit more force than, say, a water-like consistency would. However, the application doesn’t take too long to master and when you have, it’s no bother.
In terms of addressing the pore minimising aspect of this product: it does what it says on the tin. Or rather the bottle. However, I have found that I have to use it at least once - if not twice - per day for the course of about two weeks to really see any noticeable difference and if I stop using it as often for any reason, my pores go back to their true size. Ideally, I would like a product that can help with my pores even without such consistent use, but maybe I’m looking for a miracle product?

Quality: 9/10
Application: 7/10
Appearance: 8/10
Value: 6/10
Formula: 7/10
Likelihood to buy again: 6/10 (I would like to try other toners to see if they can help my skin with a more permanent pore minimising solution)

Overall: 7/10

What do you think about this? Have you ever used it before?

- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

3 comments:

  1. I've got the simple soothing facial toner which is a liquid consistency so I don't have any problems which the application, and is a super good price too, I do want to try out some different toners though as I have just really began using them! Great review lovely xx

    http://chloeharriets.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try out loads of different toners too! This is the first one I have ever used so I have nothing to compare it to in deciding if it is any good or not :)
      - Taisie

      Delete
  2. Hey! like the Informative Article. Keep Posting Such Articles, Love to go through them. Visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird