Wednesday 29 October 2014

NaNo Update

Nyx
Can you believe that November is only three days away? Three days! Where has the time gone? I honestly still feel like it is the 15th October, who knows where the past two weeks have disappeared?
So, since I am competing in National Novel Writing Month next month, a challenge to write 50,000 words in the month of November, I thought I would update you all on my novel.

Last November, I started writing a book called Nyx. To cut a long story short, I stopped writing it as soon as I hit the 50,000 word mark and I hated that I did that, so I picked it up again in April (Camp NaNoWriMo) but again, as soon as I hit my target, I stopped writing - I think part of the issue was that I would go for days and days without writing and then write 12,000-words per day for three or four days and thus be all typed out as soon as the month ended so I didn’t have the passion to continue to write.
However, it is one of my 100-Day Resolutions to have a book finished and polished by 1st January 2015 and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Nyx will always have my heart as it is an entire world I have created, however I have to say that I was tempted to write a quick and easy book that I would be able to simply write and polish before January. I thought about it a lot and have ultimately decided that I want to work on Nyx again.
I have spoken this through with my mate, who thinks I should pick up where I left off. However, I am tempted to start from the beginning for a clean slate. What would you do?

The plot:
Nearly one thousand Earth-years ago, a meteor destroyed the planet Chronos and affected the other planets in the solar system. Ananke is one of those planets. 987 years ago, Ananke stopped rotating, leaving one side perpetually in the light - Lumina - and one side perpetually in the dark - Aphota - causing ice caps to melt and the meteorology of the planet to shift drastically.
Taya is a Luminite who has spent her entire life in the Sun’s rays. Her father is one of the wealthiest people in Lumina, and as such she is a spoilt, selfish and spoon-fed daddy’s girl. With her hardest problems in life including not knowing what to wear and not being allowed to date Perseus, the soldier she loves, she barely has any idea of the immense difficulties faced by the other people in Lumina. However, when her father is poisoned by poor Luminites wanting to overthrow the government, she is forced to make a life-changing decision. She can allow her father to die or, with the help of Perseus, she can venture into Aphota to get the cure, where the sun doesn’t reach and savages roam freely.

Are you competing in NaNo? Are you prepared?

- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like the idea of the competition. I need to get myself writing more regularly. How can you write a book if you don't write?! Sometimes it's easier starting from a clean slate only if the work is to hard to edit or rework. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good challenge to set yourself! It works out to 1667 words a day which may seem like a lot, but when you get round to writing it really isn't!
      I have to say I am more and more tempted to start fresh! :)

      Delete



blogger template by lovebird