Sunday 28 September 2014

Review: Body Shop Cleansing Oil

In my Body Shop/Boots Haul back at the end of August, I noted that I had bought the Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil. I have had it for a while now and have used it quite a few times so I feel like I can finally give a suitable review for all of my lovely followers.

Cleansing Oil
I primarily use this product for taking off minimal makeup, usually when I am just wearing my L’Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation and some mascara. I squirt one pump into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and then rub it over my face. It feels very unusual at first though this is just because it is an oil and every other cleansing product I have used is either a gel or a lotion, however it does smell beautiful.
Once I have rubbed my face so that my foundation is loose, I begin on my eyes, gently rubbing to remove all eyeshadow and mascara. When my makeup is off, I run my fingers under the warm tap and rub my face a little more just to make sure there is no make-up left. I then take a damp, warm flannel and wipe it over my face to remove all of the oil before patting my face dry with a towel.
Cleansing Oil Close Up
What I love about this product - other than the smell - is how silky and smooth it leaves my skin. After I have dried my face, my pores look smaller and my skin looks really clean, plus it doesn’t leave a dry or tight feeling after I have used it. I also love that this product doesn’t take much effort or pressure to remove my foundation and mascara, nor does it aggravate or exaggerate my oily skin. I had heard someone comment that it can cause breakouts so I was a bit wary using it, however I haven’t experienced any breakouts since using this whatsoever.
The only criticism I really have is that sometimes, if I press the pump down firmly the product can really squirt out so I have to remember to be gentle!
I had been a bit wary about how well this oil would take a full, heavy face of makeup off, however I used it last night to take off layers of foundation, concealer and powder, plus a heavy smokey-eye look and bright red lips. I ended up using three pumps (as opposed to my usual one pump when taking off my daily makeup) but it got my makeup off so quickly it was unbelievable. It is so efficient to have this as it not only removes makeup but also cleanses your face as well, whereas before this was in my life I was having to use makeup remover on a cotton pad and then cleanse my face afterwards as well.
I hope this review has been beneficial to you, if you have any questions then comment below.

Quality: 8/10
Application: 9/10
Appearance: 9/10
Value: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

- Taisie ♥

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Like the Informative Article Your post. It feels good to go through such content. Keep up the work and visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird