Friday 19 December 2014

How I Remove My Make-Up


I was at my friend’s house the other day and we ended up speaking a little bit about make-up and our routines when it comes to removing our make-up at the end of the day. It’s an odd thing to talk about but I found it quite interesting so I have decided to share how I remove my make-up for all of the curious cats out there.




First, I take a Little Angels large cotton-pad and cover it in my new L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Micellar Gel Sensitive Eye Make-up Remover. I use one half of the cotton pad per eye, or one cotton pad per eye if I am using smaller pads. I like to do this to ensure that all of my mascara and eyeshadow is off, especially since I tend to avoid my sensitive eye area when I am doing my deeper cleanse. After I have removed my eye make-up, I sweep the cotton pad over my lips to take off any remaining lipstick or lipgloss.




I then take either my Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter or my Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. If I am using the oil cleanser, I squirt one and a half pumps onto my fingertips and rub this over my face. If I am using the cleansing butter, I take a clump of this in my fingertips and apply small amounts to my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin before rubbing it in to my face to create an oil that, similar to the cleansing oil, dissolves my make-up. I then use my muslin cloth to remove the oil, taking the make-up with it so I am left with a relatively clean face. However, that still isn’t clean enough for me!




Afterwards, I give my skin a deep cleanse. I use either my Good Things Deep Clean Blackhead Exfoliator if I haven't been wearing much make-up, which I like as the microbeads really get deep into my pores, or my Witch Foaming Cleanser with my No7 Cleansing Brush if I have been wearing a fuller face of make-up. Using a flannel, I wipe the cleanser off my face and then use a towel to pat my skin dry, leaving me looking slightly red but very make-up-less.



Just in case I have missed any part of my face, I take a cotton pad and fill it with the cleansing water again, focussing first on ensuring all of my mascara is off and then focussing on the skin by my hairline, around the nooks of my nose, and around my neck. I then take another cotton pad and, using a toner (currently I am using the Simple Pore Minimising Toner but when it runs out in the next few days, I will be using a Clearasil toner), I wipe this across my face to remove any towel fluff or any other remnants of make-up; despite my thorough process of make-up removal, I find that I still get a slightly dirty cotton pad when I use the toner! I also love using a toner as it cools my face down after such a thorough cleansing process.


Finally, I apply my moisturiser generously, giving it plenty of time to absorb into my skin. Currently, I am using my new Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream moisturiser, which is very cooling to my skin.

And that is how I take my make-up off. It takes between five and ten minutes in total, depending on how thorough I am being but I would definitely rather take a longer time to take my make-up off and know that I have a completely clean face than simply just using a face wipe. I find that I am so conscious about ensuring I have a completely clean face, I will even complete this routine if I get in at 3am after a night-out and am nearly sleeping on my feet!

What is your make-up removal routine? Do you use any of the products I do?


- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird