Tuesday 23 September 2014

100-Day Resolutions

I realised the other day that today, Tuesday 23rd September, marks 100 days until January 1st 2015! I was quite excited and also thought that it might be a good idea to create a goal to work towards during the last 100 days of the year, as we all know how much I love my goals!
The next 100 days will be quite insane for me, what with Blogtober (publishing a blog post everyday throughout October), heading straight into NaNoWriMo (writing 50,000 words of a novel during November) and then possibly doing Blogmas (the blogger’s version of Vlogmas – another month of posting daily). Plus there will be the birth of my nephew, two other birthdays, my relationship anniversary and Christmas to contend with over the next 100 days so even without the challenges I will be setting myself, I’m going to be quite busy.
So why am I setting myself some 100-day goals?
100 Day Challenge



There are a lot of things that I want to do with my life and I figure if I don't get started now, when will I? About three or four years ago, I received two language packs (one Spanish and one Italian) that each contained two books and six CDs. Each pack takes six months to complete and looking at the text at the end of one of the advanced books, it looks as though it is quite a thorough program that teaches the user a fairly high level of fluency.
I have had these packs for a few years now and I keep thinking "if I had started one of the packs as soon as I had received them, even if I worked at half speed and it took me a year to complete one set, I would have finished both by now and I could be almost fluent in two more languages!"
My Bucket List is so long that I need to start now! If I had started learning Spanish three years ago, I could be close to fluency which would be so awesomely cool! I don't want to continue to put things off until there is a better time in my life because truth is: there is no better time than now.
The first thing I thought about when I realised there would be 100 days left in the year was the 100-Day Happiness Challenge. This is a where challengers write one thing that makes them happy per day for 100 days. It’s not a new thing but it is something that I want to attempt as part of Project Confidence.
The more I thought, the more goals I created, including eating right, exercising more, practising yoga, learning Spanish and finishing and polishing my book, Nyx. I didn't know how some of these would work, for example would I exercise daily or just increase my exercise hours per week? Would I practise Spanish every day or just aim to have a certain level of proficiently after the 100 days?
No better time
Ultimately, I have decided on a few things.
  1. I am going to use the 100 days as a marker to see how much I can transform my body and how much better I feel within myself by eating right and exercising more. Instead of setting tasks such as "eat 1500 calories per day for the next hundred days" or "run three miles per day for 100 days" I have taken down my measurements (weight, body fat and BMI - and inches when I find my tape measure) and I am going to compare them to my new measurements on January 1st (yes, I am going to compare them to post-Christmas-Chocolate measurements!). Plus, I am going to track my fitness and hopefully notice a significant improvement after 100 days.
  2. Finish the Spanish in Three Months course. This is part of the course that I mentioned above. The entire comes in two stages - Spanish in Three Months and Advanced Spanish. I am hoping to really work on my currently non-existent Spanish and actually do the weekly lessons on a weekly basis to get a decent level of the language by the New Year. Maybe I can reward myself with a holiday to a Spanish-speaking country to test out my new skills?
  3. Have a polished book. By 'polished book', I mean a finished book that I am happy to let people read. I have half-written a book entitled Nyx that I would love to finish and edit up to a standard that I am proud of but what with NaNo, I don't know if that will be feasible. If not Nyx, I would like to have my NaNo Novel finished and polished by January 1st!
  4. Participate in the 100-Day Happiness Challenge. I don't think this one will be amazingly hard as it will just involve thinking about the days' events for a few minutes before I go to bed but it is something that I want to do so that I can start finding happiness in the simplest of things.
That is all I have decided on. I am conscious about overloading my plate and then not actually completing the 100-Day Challenges so I have decided to keep it quite minimal. That being said, I am probably not going to stop my monthly goals as I like having smaller things to focus on, like certain books to read or things to accomplish.
I hope I have inspired you to take up a 100-Day Challenge before the New Year. If you can think of any other smaller challenges (like the Happiness Challenge) then let me know because I really want more little ones like that!
- Taisie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird