Saturday 11 October 2014

Beauty Items I Can't Live Without

I love applying makeup and experimenting with all of the different products I (and Boots) have so I felt like I would write a post about the most important beauty products in my life that I can’t live without.


Concealer - this is probably top of my list. It is great for concealing blemishes, erasing under eye circles, evening out my skin tone and even filling in my pores. A good concealer is always going to be a part of my make-up bag and currently, I am using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. However, I am looking at buying some more, including the Nars Creamy Concealer.
Maybelline Eraser Eye and Fit Me Concealer
Mascara - a close second on my list. I feel like my eyes look really bald without mascara and since I believe the eyes are the windows to the soul, it is important for me that they really stand out and mascara is a great way for that to happen. At the moment, I am using the L’Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara though I will be changing it up when I run out, not because I dislike the mascara but more for a change to discover new brands/mascaras. What would you recommend?
L'Oreal Flutter Mascara
Moisturiser - I’m holding my hands up, I don’t moisturise my body as often as I should. That being said, I moisturise my face every time I wash it and I feel like a decent moisturiser is so important in maintaining youth and preventing wrinkles and dry skin. What is your favourite moisturiser? I’m using L'Oreal Tripe Active Day Multi-Protection Moisturiser INSERT MOISTURISER HERE at the moment. I also use the No7 Beautiful Skin Pore Minimising Serum before applying my makeup.
Garnier Moisturiser
Hair oil - I am a big fan of using oil on the ends of my hair to help maintain its moisture and prevent breakages. I am definitely a fan of argan oil and have a collection of different varieties, including the Dr Organic Pure Moroccan Argan OilOGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil and the Body Shop's Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil. To me, having soft and healthy hair is a priority when it comes to my appearance so I try to do whatever possible to ensure my hair looks and feels amazing.
OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Hair Oil
Shampoo and conditioner - again relating to my hair, I find that the right shampoo and conditioner can make so much difference to the texture of my hair. I have been using the VO5 Cherish My Colour Shampoo and Conditioner since I dyed my hair last week, however when the dye fades I will get back to using the VO5 Smoothly Does It Shampoo and VO5 Nourish My Shine Conditioner, which have made such a huge difference to the softness of my hair! However, I tend to change it up regularly to try new products.
VO5 Cherish My Colour Shampoo and Conditioner
Cleanser - having healthy and clean skin is important for me since I have suffered with breakouts in the past so of course a cleanser would be in my top beauty items. I tend to use different cleansers depending on what type of cleanse I am after but at the moment, my choice is between the No7 Beautiful Skin Deep Pore Purifier and the Body Shop's Vitamin E Cream Cleanser and Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.
Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser
Deodorant - I don’t know if this is really classed as a ‘beauty item’ but deodorant is something I think should be in most people’s necessities! I think bad body odour is one of the worst ‘beauty’ sins a person can commit so I always make sure I have applied my Dove aerosol deodorant before I leave the house.
Dry shampoo - I don’t actually use dry shampoo very often but I would never want to be without a can of it for those instances where I need to pop out but don’t have time to shower, or simply when I want to add a bit more texture to my hair.
Batiste Dry Shampoo
Real Techniques Stippling Brush - I got this at the end of September and as soon as I used it, I fell so deeply in love with it! It applies my foundation so easily and doesn’t leave brush strokes. I would never be without it now!
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Foundation - obviously if I am going to mention the brush I use to apply foundation, I have to mention foundation! I have recently been loving the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation but am always looking to try out new foundations. I have the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation (though I haven't used it yet) and I also have my eyes on the Mac Studio Fix Foundation, the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation, as well as the Urban Decay Naked Weightless Liquid Foundation. Which would you recommend? Is your favourite foundation something I haven’t mentioned?
Wake Me Up Foundation
Powder - I have slightly oily skin which means that my foundation has a tendency to slip and slide off my face. One of the best solutions to this? Powder. I use a combination of my L’Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation, my Maybelline Fit Me Powder and my No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder to achieve a shine-free look, though I am dying to try the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder as I have heard a lot of good reviews about it.
Powder
That is it for my necessary beauty items. While I love wearing eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush and bronzer, I don't deem these items as absolute necessities. Is your list different to mine? What are the beauty items you can't live without?
- Taisie ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird