Saturday 25 October 2014

My Top Book Quotes #1

Top Book Quotes
Initially, I had wanted this post to contain all of my favourite book quotes. However, when it came to actually writing this post, I realised that would take me a very long time and it would be an incredibly long post! That being said, I have broken it down and only included my favourite quotes from a sprinkling of my favourite books during this first part of the series of posts. Enjoy!

  • “I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.” John Green in The Fault in Our Stars
  • “So this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.” - Stephen Chbosky in The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • “Just like that. From a hundred miles an hour to asleep in a nanosecond. I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane.” John Green in Looking for Alaska.
  • “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” John Green in The Fault in Our Stars
  • “I say if you’re no good at colouring in, don’t wear lipstick.” - Karl Pilkington in Karlology
  • “We accept the love we think we deserve.” Stephen Chbosky in The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • “I think this is why nature makes sure we lose our sight as we get older - it’s so we don’t leave our old partners and try and get something newer. I think the reason divorce numbers are up is cos of the invention of glasses and contact lenses.” - Karl Pilkington in Karlology
  • “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” George R. R. Martin in A Game of Thrones
  • “My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.” John Green in The Fault in Our Stars
  • “The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” J.K. Rowling in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
I decided to include a lot of well-known books in this post, simply because I think they contain some of the best quotes. J.K. Rowling, Stephen Chbosky and John Green are some of my favourite authors, George R.R. Martin is an incredibly talented writer and Karl Pilkington… what more can I say? Who doesn’t love him?!
Have you read these books? What are some of your favourite quotes?
- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird