Monday 27 October 2014

Body Shop/Make-up Haul, October 2014

I feel like I have been posting quite a few haul posts recently, and no doubt there will be another one soon as Boots have an advantage card event on this Thursday, but I thought I would show you some of my recent Body Shop purchases. I went for a look around last week while I waited for my boyfriend to finish work and I ended up buying some makeup and FINALLY getting a Body Shop loyalty card! I have been to the Body Shop quite a lot recently but have always put off actually getting the loyalty card as there is an initial £5 cost, however I probably would have saved more than the £5 in discount bonuses if I had got the card a few months ago.

The first thing I got was the All-In-One Instablur (£14). This is a product that I have seen around the beautyverse a lot recently so I have been desperate to try it out. The Body Shop website state that it is their fastest selling make-up product in a decade, and that it is a five action perfector - it controls shine for 12 hours, reduces the appearance of pores, hides blemishes, unifies the complexion and extends make-up. I have used it a few times but I am excited to continue using it and really testing out how well it works.
Instablur
Instablur 2
The second thing was the Body Shop All-In-One Face Base (£14) which is supposedly a foundation and powder all-in-one that leaves a matte finish and velvety feel. I am quite excited to try this product out as I have never heard of a foundation and powder all-in-one! I quite like that this product contains a sponge and a mirror, which makes it incredibly portable and easy to use in any place.
All In One Face Base Sponge
All In One Face Base Makeup

The final thing I bought was the Body Shop Loose Face Powder (£12.50) which sets make-up with a matte finish. I have a problem with oily skin, meaning my face can get a little shiny throughout the day if I don't apply powder at regular intervals, so I am trying to find that powder that I can apply once in the morning and have it set my make-up perfectly all day!
Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder Open

Since I signed up for the loyalty card, I got a free 30ml hand cream (RRP £5). I chose the Almond one (there was a choice of Almond, Rose, Hemp and Absinthe). I have used it a handful of times, it is an incredibly nice smell and lovely formula and it is definitely my go-to hand and nail cream at the moment.
Almond Hand and Nail Cream

The other products I have recently received are from the website Cohorted. I mentioned in my last haul post that I had bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Brush Set. I had a little bit of an issue with the delivery (though I will speak in more depth about it in an upcoming blog post) and was sent the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette and the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara and Subversion Primer as well. I haven't used any of these products yet (despite itching to use the brushes!) as I wanted to take nice, clean pictures beforehand, so I am soooo excited to break them out of their packets!
Cohorted Urban Decay Too Faced Real Techniques
Too Faced Chocolate Bar
Real Techniques Duo FIbre
Naked Basics 2
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara Subversion Primer

That is it for now, but as I mentioned earlier, there is an event on Thursday so I'll be probably be buying a ton of make-up and skincare products then! See you soon for another haul!
- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird