Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Christmas Tag!

With only two days to go until Christmas, I thought I would do a little post answering some typical Christmas questions. I am sure that there are many Christmas Tags out there but I have decided to create this one as a combination of some of the tags I have read this month and some of my own questions. Enjoy!




1. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? I think there were a couple of years when my sister and I used to open one present on Christmas Eve but I think that was back when I was about six and it definitely didn't last for long. Now, I use all of my willpower to hold out until the big day!

2. Where and with whom do you spend your Christmas? Ever since I can remember, I have always spent Christmas at my grandparents' house and this year will be no different. It is a whole family affair, with my grandparents, my mother and her long-term boyfriend, my sister and me too. In the recent years it has also extended to include my sister's boyfriend and my boyfriend as well, and this year it will be my new little nephew too!

3. Where do you wish you could spend your Christmas? While I believe Christmas is more about who you spend your time with and I would be happy to spend the day anywhere with my family, I would absolutely love to spend it somewhere where there is a real Christmassy atmosphere due to a snowy ground. It doesn't really feel like Christmas to me at the moment and part of me feels as though that is because of the fact that it's still quite mild and fairly sunny in England, as opposed to the cold and snowy stereotype of Christmas.

4. Have you ever had a White Christmas? Yes, however I can't really remember it. I know we had our last White Christmas in England 4 years ago and I am sure we have had many before that but I can't really remember any unfortunately.

5. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? When I was maybe nine or ten, we did a Christmas play at primary school and I was cast as a Santa. Part of my lines involved naming all of the reindeer and I have simply never forgotten them: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. And, of course, Rudolph!

6. What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received? I cannot remember all of the Christmas gifts that I have ever received, however the 'best' Christmas gift I have received recently is probably the pole my boyfriend got me last year. I did pole fitness throughout 2013 but my teacher stopped giving lessons so I stopped learning it last September. I missed it so much that my boyfriend got me my own pole and, even though it was a knock-off X-Pole (i.e. a cheaper and unsafe version of a respected brand) the thought was there and I was so touched. But who knows, maybe this year I'll have a new favourite Christmas gift?

7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? If push came to shove, I would have to say I prefer giving them. I just love the look on someone's face when they open their present and it is completely suited to them. However, I do like receiving gifts that are perfect for me that I otherwise wouldn't have bought myself.

8. What is your favourite Christmas film? Of course, Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas. I have said to my boyfriend we must watch it tomorrow, on Christmas Eve! Also, watching Harry Potter this time of year really reminds me of Christmas though I don't know why. Maybe it's because it is usually on TV around this time of year as it is a family film?

9. What is your favourite Christmas song? I really love Do They Know It's Christmas by BandAid, the original. But I also love all of the other classics as well so find it so hard to choose one!

10. Is your tree real or fake? Fake, and I think I'm always going to have a fake one since that is what I know.

11. What tree-topper do you have? We have an angel that my sister and I would take turns each year in putting it on the tree; she'd put it on the top one year and then it would be me the next.

12. What are your favourite holiday snacks/foods? CHOCOLATE. Enough said.

13. Are you a seasoned wrapper or is it a Google job? I am a pro! I love wrapping and am a bit of a perfectionist so I try to make my presents look as neat as possible. Last year I even did ribbons and everything - I had been planning on doing it this year too but couldn't find my ribbon and didn't want to buy more.

14. When did you realise the truth about Santa? I can't actually remember. I remember believing in him and then I remember not believing in him, but I can't remember what happened to make me realise the truth. But what I do remember is that all of my presents were signed 'xxx' which I thought meant Santa but it actually meant 'mum, nan and grandad'.

15. Do you make New Years Resolutions? I always try to, simply because of the fact that it is a New Years Resolution. However, recently, I have been using monthly goals and I have always thought that if you have a goal, you should want to challenge yourself to it regardless of the time of year so that is what I tend to stick by now.

That is the end of my Christmas Tag! I hope you answer the questions too: I'd love to read your answers!

- Taisie ♥ | Bloglovin ♥ Twitter ♥ Tumblr ♥ Pinterest ♥ Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird