Wednesday 24 December 2014

My Favourite Christmas Traditions

With Christmas literally just around the corner, I have been thinking about traditions that every family has around this time of year. It always used to interest me that one of my friends opened his presents after lunch, as my family always used to open them pretty much first thing in the morning, and I think because of that, other people's traditions really entertain me so I thought I would share mine.

1. Spending Christmas at my grandparents' house.
2. Wrapping presents while watching Beauty and the Beast: the Enchanted Christmas (I feel like I have mentioned that film too many times over the last few weeks!)
3. Making mince pies on Christmas Eve (though admittedly I have skipped this for the past two years)
4. Getting nice and dressed up for the photo opportunities.
5. Opening presents as early as my family will allow.
6. Receiving Guylian seashells, a diary, a toothbrush and underwear every year.
7. Eating unhealthy amounts of junk food (primarily chocolate)
8. Eating too much Christmas Dinner to move afterwards.
9. Watching the soaps in the evening.
10. Feeling very overwhelmed with feelings of love and happiness.

They are my most prominent and traditional traditions surrounding the Christmas period that I really wish to continue experiencing throughout my life, while providing them for my future children too!

What are some of your favourite Christmas traditions?

- Taisie

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird